Football is loved by many, and there is some incredible professional player, so it is hard to pick the top but taking into account, some factors such as the statistics, talent and the total impact on the sport so here are the picks of the top 5 foot players of all time.
- Pele- Pele is undoubtedly regarded as the greatest player in the entire history of football. Pele from Brazil emerged internationally just at the age of 17 in the World Cup of 1958 and won. He continued being the winner of World Cup in the year 1962 and 1970. His played as forwarding/midfielder and was an outstanding striker and a dribbler. Pele was voted as ‘player of the century’ by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics.
- Lionel Messi- He is an amazingly skilled player from Argentina who joined Barcelona when he was only 13 years old. He is the youngest player to score a total of 200 career goals. Messi is solid with his dribbling, passing and goal scores. For his talent, he is also known as the ‘Mozart of Soccer’ or the 21st-century magician, and he has a long record of record breaking list. He is one the greatest players who are still playing and his remaining playing journey might lead him to be the number 1.
- Diego Maradona- Diego Maradona from Argentina is regarded as one of the greatest football players. He played as a forward/ midfielder and is one of the greatest dribblers with skills unimaginable. No one could touch him when he was at the peak of his game, and as many as four players used to mark him. Maradona with his agility, quick reflexes and precision guided Napoli to two Serie A Titles and also a UEFA Cup. His ‘Hands of God’ goal is probably one of the biggest scandals in the history of sports.
- Zinedine Zidane- Zidane from France is also described as one of the best players in the history of the game. He played as a midfielder and scored one of the greatest goals in the history of UEFA Champions League. He is known for his excellent ball control, vision and agility and is also describes as the ‘God of Football’ by the UEFA President- Michel Platini. Zidane won one Ballon D’ Or trophy and three times holder of the title of being the World Player of the year.
- Johan Cruyff- Cruyff is another skilful player from Netherlands who played as forward and midfielder. He is a fearless player who first performed his famous Cruyff Turn in the World Cup final in 1974. He was also known for his ‘total football’ game play. Cruyff went on to win 8 Dutch Eredivisie titles and 3 European Cups while with Ajax. He is considered as the all time best player in Europe by many experts. Cruyff was also included in the World Team of the 20th Century in 1998 and the FIFA World Cup Dream Team,2002.